Thursday, February 22, 2007

Importance of Art in the Schools

I love art. Every since I was in elementary school I have loved to draw, paint and pretty much do anything that has to do with art. Ibelieve that I acquired this passion from the opportunities that I was given in elementary school as well as outside of school. Art is such an essential part to growing up that if it continues to be eliminated from elementary, middle and secondary schools, then students will begin to have negative effects. It is more than just being able to draw, but it is a way to show self expression and put your feelings down on a piece of paper. Art also exercises a different part of the brain which does not get used as frequently when learning other subjects. I am a strong believer that there is an artist in everyone and that keeping the arts in general such as music as well as painting and drawing etc. is crucial to a well-balanced education.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I agree with you completely! It's so refreshing and reassuring to see someone so dedicated to such an important element of early childhood (and beyond). Thanks for sharing your ideas!
-Stacy D.